At CISB, we strive to create a positive, healthy, and lifelong learning culture where teachers and students make a difference and celebrate diversity. If you are as inspired by our mission and vision and committed to make CISB education a force to empower our students and create an impact in the local and global community, we would love to hear from you.
Our teachers form a diverse community of educators. We welcome applications from prospective colleagues who will contribute to this community. We invite qualified, passionate, and committed applicants to apply.
CISB adopted a Child Protection Policy and is committed to the protection of all children and young people from harm. We require all staff and faculty applicants to undergo stringent selection and screening processes before being allowed to work with children.
Child Protection Policy:
Canadian International School Bangladesh and the governing
board of directors recognises that child protection and welfare considerations
permeate all aspects of school life and must be reflected in all of the
school’s policies, practices and activities. CISB has a duty of care to provide a safe, secure, and supportive learning environment for our children and young people.
Educators, having the opportunity to observe and interact with children over time, are in a unique position to identify children who are in need of help and protection. As such, educators have a professional and ethical obligation to identify children who are in need of help and protection and to take steps to ensure that the child and family avail themselves of the services needed to remedy any situation that constitutes child abuse or neglect.
The following Expectations have been identified as being
the minimum requirement of schools to provide safeguarding and child protection
for its students. The Expectations are based on the following
· All children have equal rights to be protected from harm and abuse.
· Everybody has a responsibility to support the protection of children.
· All schools have a duty of care to children enrolled in the school and those who are affected by the operations of the school.
· All actions on child protection are taken with the best interests of the child, which are paramount.
We offer dual track world renowned International Programs at CISB. In our preschool up to grade 8 we implement Ontario curriculum blended with best practices of the world’s best curriculums. In grade 9 and 10 we follow Nova Scotia Canada curriculum that includes IB foundation courses. At grade 11 and 12, students follow one of two paths; Nova Scotia High School Diploma or IB Diploma program. Students who choose IB Diploma are entitled to graduate with both a Diploma from Ministry of Education, Nova Scotia, Canada as well as from IB Diploma from IBO.
Why Teach at CISB?
If you have an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, CISB might be the next step for you. Here are some reasons why you could consider joining CISB at an exciting time in its development:
• The implementation of world best curriculums; Nova Scotia, Canada and International Baccalaureate curriculum The use of concept-based and Inquiry based curriculums, integration of technology into teaching and learning, and a significant focus on educating for ethical dispositions are just some of the exciting initiatives needed to be undertaken
• Main focus on holistic education yet outstanding academic results that mean teachers are involved in all aspects of the learning program.
• Student scholarships; these scholars come from a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. You can teach and learn from these exceptional students.
* Student involvement in community service and activities. All our students and teachers are involved in activities, outdoor education and service programs.
• We provide a professional learning in house or program by qualified expert trainers from Canada that support teachers in their professional learning journey.
Who is a CISB Teacher?
Our teachers are required to possess a good degree and a recognised teaching qualification or certification. We generally consider candidates with two or more years of experience. They are committed and enthusiastic participants in each of the elements of our holistic learning program: Academics; Activities and Outdoor Education; Personal and Social Education; and Service. Specifically, this means that, outside of their timetabled teaching load, teachers are expected to: We expect everyone—students, staff, parents and alumni to:
· embrace the mission, and our community values
· be honest and act with integrity
· avoid prejudice by developing views based on evidence, reasoning and understanding
· be compassionate and morally responsible
· embrace challenge in order to maximize their potential
· help others by taking an interest in and enjoying friendship with people of all cultures and backgrounds
· contribute at least one session per week in each season to Activities and/or Service
· be willing to undertake pastoral responsibilities that may include leadership of a mentor group
· Participate in outdoor education experiences relevant for their students, including occasionally volunteering for holiday-time expeditions and trips.
A commitment to lifelong learning is something we expect from all our teachers and they are provided with professional development in house and by the professionals of Canadian Department of Education (Nova Scotia) and the IBO to ensure they are supported as new initiatives are introduced. Flexibility
of approach and a collaborative style are essential on the part of teachers.
Foreign hires are offered a competitive package. In addition, CISB offers professional learning opportunities for local and foreign teachers. Opportunities include an emphasis on conceptually based teaching and learning, and IB professional training.
Interested Local or Foreign Applicants Please Apply to Human Resource Department, Canadian International School Bangladesh
Human Resource Department, Canadian International School Bangladesh Plot 110, Road 27, Block A, Banani, Dhaka- 1212
e-mail: email@example.com web: www.canadaeducationbd.com Hotline: +880-1-841461000
Canadian International School Bangladesh( CISB) is inviting
qualified certified experienced teachers locally and internationally to apply for the following teaching positions. Compensation and other terms and conditions will be discussed during the selection process with the chosen
At CISB, we follow the Ontario curriculum from the
province of Ontario, Canada at the elementary level and Nova Scotia and IB Diploma programs at the high school. CISB is an accredited school by the Department of Education Nova Scotia, Canada, and the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) offering Nova Scotia High School Diploma and IB Diploma programs. Submit your application by June 30 , 2023.
English A ( IBDP/Nova Scotia) 2 Positions
French ( IBDP/Nova Scotia) 1 Position
Economics ( IBDP/Nova Scotia) 1 Position
Computer Science ( IBDP/Nova Scotia) 1 Position
Physics ( IBDP/Nova Scotia) 1 Position
Environment System & Society ( IBDP) 1 Position
Theory of Knowledge ( IBDP) 1 Position
Mathematics ( NS /IBDP) 1 Position
History ( IBDP) 1 Position
World Religions ( IBDP) 1 Position
Job Circular :
CISB is currently seeking a qualified and experienced IBDP French Ab Initio teacher to join our academic team. Our school is committed to providing a challenging and stimulating educational environment that prepares our students for success in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Plan and deliver high-quality French Ab Initio lessons that align with the IB programme
- Work with students to develop their language skills and prepare them for exams
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators to ensure alignment with IB standards
- Maintain records of student progress and provide feedback to students and parents
- Engage in ongoing professional development to improve teaching practice
- A degree in French or a related field
- Experience teaching French at the high school or college level
- Added bonus if having a deep understanding of the IB programme and its requirements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional growth and advancement within our school. If you are a passionate and dedicated IBDP French Ab Initio teacher who is committed to helping students succeed, we want to hear from you.To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience in teaching French and the IB programme to firstname.lastname@example.org.